5 different training courses in Pneumatics Automatic Control Systems
||Basics and Components of Industrial Pneumatic Control Systems
||Design, Analysis and Investigation of Industrial Pneumatic Control Systems
||Practical applications and Examples of Pneumatic Control Circuits
||Advanced Analysis and Applications of Pneumatic Control Circuits
||More Applications of Industrial Pneumatic Control Systems
What is a Pneumatic system? What is it used for?
It is a system that uses air or some inert gas (such as N2) to power something. For instance, have you seen the Air-tube systems at bank drive-up tellers? Air is used to push the tubes back and forth from the teller to the customer. Air is also used to power drills, sanders, grinders, and the like at garages and car body shops. Additionally, you can find pneumatic systems in large buildings or complexes. They're used there to control the air handling systems, the HVAC. Control systems decide which system valves to actuate and they are operated by pneumatics.
Example for Pneumatic system in aircrafts:
A power system in aircraft that uses compressed air or another gas as the operating fluid. Some systems that are operated or powered by a pneumatic system are the landing gears or flaps in an emergency, the normal and/or emergency brackes, and the tail parachute deployment.
ILOs of courses for Pneumatics Automatic control Systems & their Applications:
1- Knowledge and Understanding:
- Understand and apply knowledge of basic physics laws and fluid mechanics concepts as they apply to Pneumatic power and to solution of automatic control problems using Pneumatic systems.
- Understand and apply knowledge of thermo-fluid characteristics of standard Air and various types of gas conducting methods and the proper materials used for each one.
- Understand and apply knowledge of Principles of Pneumatic System design including types of air-pumps, pneumatic actuators, various control valves and accessory components in a typical pneumatic system and process control design.
- Understand reading pneumatic schematics and identify system components & design function as well.
- Understand and apply knowledge of Maintenance & Troubleshooting of Pneumatic Control Systems.
- Understand current engineering technologies related to Pneumatic Automatic Control Systems.
2- Intellectual Skills: This course helps the students to acquire the ability to:
- Identify, select, describe, and draw the main various components in typical Pneumatic schematics and to recognize and comprehend how these components function and interact with each other.
- Follow and participate in a comprehensive interactive &computer-based virtual and multi-media training labs which include system animations, 3-D models and on-line multiple choices quizzes.
- Identify, formulate and solve main basic automatic control problems using Pneumatic power.
- Design Pneumatic circuit, component & schematics to meet required needs within realistic constraints.
- Select appropriate components for modeling and analyzing typical Pneumatic Control problems.
- Select appropriate solutions for various multiple choices quiz problems based on analytical thinking.
- Assess and evaluate the characteristics and performance of Air-pumps, pneumatic actuators, various control valves and accessory components in a typical pneumatic system and process control design.
- Use virtual lab tools & software packages pertaining to pneumatic systems & process control design.
3- Practical and Professional Skills: This course helps the students to acquire the ability to:
- Integrate knowledge of basic physics laws, fluid mechanics concepts, information technology, design, and engineering practice to solve engineering problems of Pneumatic Control Systems.
- Employ drawing & professional skills to design & analyse schematics of pneumatic systems & process control circuits.
- Use a wide range of computer applications, technical tools, and techniques including pertinent virtual labs software.
- Implement comprehensive knowledge, understanding, and intellectual skills in solving on-line virtual training labs, exercises, and MCQ problems.
- Prepare and present technical reports and schematics of pneumatic circuits and control systems.
4- General and Transferable Skills: This course helps the students to acquire the ability to:
- Collaborate & Communicate effectively within a lab group/team.
- Work in stressful class and lab environment and within time constraints.
- Demonstrate efficient IT capabilities.
- Manage tasks and lab resources efficiently.
- Search for information and adopt self learning.
- Refer to relevant literature effectively.